This is a rare fulltime, permanent position available at a highly respected Illinois facility.
The Manager will be responsible for managing the critical, complex areas of the Cardiac Catherization Labs, Neuro Interventional and Radiology labs known as the CVI department. This position has 24/7 accountability with some call expectation.
The Manager must have exceptional organizational skills and be skilled at mentoring and developing leaders. The Manager plans, organizes, and directs the practice for areas of responsibility and does this in accordance with the Health System’s Mission, Vision, Values and Philosophy. The Manager ensures the total patient experience is exceptional both in the Quality of Care and in the patient perception of services as defined and measured by system dashboard goals. Interviews, selects, orientate trains, coaches and mentors and evaluate the performance of partners, providing corrective action when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has familiarity with components of a Magnet environment and is supportive of all initiatives within the structure.
- Ability to carry out the strategic vision for Departments he/she is responsible for which align with System Mission and Vision.
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills. Strong problem solving abilities in complex situations. Strong financial skills; ability to manage budgets and teams to meet organizational objectives. Experience in areas of cost savings, expenditure controls, and efficiencies in health care operations. Ability to work within their budgets and productivity targets to meet organizational objectives.
- Assures there are organized plans in place for selection of staff, evaluation of staff, orientation of new staff, continued education and development of staff, competency evaluation of staff, appropriate scheduling of staff based on patient acuity.
- A visible leader with outstanding relationship building skills; must possess strong physician relationship skills.
- A demonstrated record of success in identifying, recruiting and retaining strong clinicians.
- Patient focused with a strong commitment to delivering the highest levels of quality, safety, and customer service. Is responsible for achievement of patient satisfaction (PressGaney and HCAHPS) action plans to achieve targets for their areas of responsibility.
- Experience with process improvement in operations, quality, and organizational change. Knowledge of continuous quality improvement management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals and groups through compassion, creativity, and consistent visibility.
- Participates in and leads hospital and department committees
- Demonstrated ability in developing and mentoring staff and colleagues.
- Leads by example, consistently demonstrating highly professional behavior. Demonstrates personal and professional accountability and holds others to the same.
- Demonstrates decisiveness and an ability to gain consensus where appropriate. Able to align diverse constituencies’ needs and expectations that result in win-win solutions.
- Willing to do procedures and some call when needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE : BSN and 5 years clinical experience in Cardiac Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology Lab
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Licensed as an RN in state of practice or certified in state of practice Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days (Other certification per unit requirements: ACLS PALS, within 1 year of hire)
RTTEMPS specializes in providing the best candidates in the field of Allied Health for hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. RTTEMPS staff provide health care in major cities, suburban areas, small towns, and rural spaces – where ever the need for health care services requires them. Our staff are highly experienced, certified, and professional. For more than 30 years, RTTEMPS is the source for the most talented and skilled Allied Health professionals in the industry.
Apply now by emailing your resume, references, and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.